Welcome to Tangram! Located across the Golden Gate Bridge, just outside of San Francisco, Tangram is a full-service Managing General Agency (MGA) and Program Manager offering specialty insurance programs. Our team builds and distributes outstanding custom-built solutions that matter to the businesses in that industry, and the brokers who serve them.
Our exceptional people make our company special. As a firm that was established over two decades ago, our team has a strong reputation in the industry and a big vision to grow and evolve by being responsible, diverse, creative, and independent.
Our team takes pride in the work and is given the freedom to take risks and collectively create the future we want for ourselves. We’re proud of our vibrant and dynamic culture and continue to nurture it as we face forward and learn.
Tangram offers a multitude of ways to build your professional experience, establish your career and enrich your personal life. Along with a competitive benefits package, a flexible and supportive work environment, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a thriving team.
Culture and Core Values
Our culture is about encouraging independence, ownership, and freedom. When people can be independent, they can be innovative. There is more room for creation and less need for the corporate control. We can focus on solving problems and making our leap from good to great.”
- Grow or die
- Embrace adversity with gusto
- Own mistakes and share credit
- Do what you say
- Create a fan in every interaction
Tangram is committed to providing exceptional benefits to our employees. We have put together a benefits program that will help protect the unique and diverse needs for the personal and financial well-being of you and your family.
- Health Insurance: Three medical plan options to choose from, including a high-deductible HSA-qualified plan with company contribution dollars.
- Mental Health: In-person mental health benefits, as well as telehealth services.
- Dental Insurance: PPO dental coverage with a nationwide network of providers.
- Vision Insurance: Vision coverage with a nationwide network of providers.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability: Free short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Life and AD&D Insurance: Free at 1x annual salary, with option to purchase additional voluntary life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program: Free, confidential services for counseling sessions, legal and financial support, fitness management and more.
- 401(k): Pretax and/or Roth deferrals with a company match!
- Shareholder Opportunities: All employees have an opportunity to become a shareholder of the company!
- Continuing Education Benefits: Employer sponsored continuing education classes, including license designations and additional industry training opportunities.
- Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits: Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, transportation reimbursement and parking reimbursement
Philanthropy and Wellness
- Volunteering Program: Up to four paid volunteer days per year.
- Dollars for Doers: Receive dollars to donate toward nonprofits for volunteer hours!
- Charitable Matching Program: Annual employee matching dollars for charitable donations.
- Scholarship Program: Open to all employees and extended family members.
- Fundraiser Events
- Wellness Events: Employee wellness challenges (with prizes!), virtual workouts, yoga, VFit, Les Mills, Urban Balance, meditation, food as medicine, and cooking seminars, to name a few.
- Employee Engagement: Vison Meeting, Annual Summer Outing, Annual Holiday Party, Annual Reward Event, Monthly Social Activities, Team Happy Hour, sporting events and more!
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Time Off Program
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Tangram is an equal opportunity employer. Our EQUAL Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal state or local laws proving equal employment opportunities, without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.