Captives and Rent-A-Captives for a Single Business Entity or Groups
Tangram can assist you in the development and management of these alternative risk financing programs and products.
We work with brokers and clients to:
- Complete the feasibility analysis, domicile evaluation, business plan preparation and license application;
- Arrange necessary fronting and reinsurance placements;
- Expert guidance in all areas of regulatory and accounting issues;
- Structuring all components of the Program;
- Consultative review in respect to the risk financing objectives;
- Directing and assisting in the service provider selection process.
Being an owner or member of a captive provides several distinct advantages over a standard, guaranteed cost insurance program for many businesses but most notably through the increased control over the ultimate net cost of the insurance coverages.
Coverages typically provided by using a captive facility include worker's compensation, general liability, automobile liability (owned and non-owned) and automobile physical damages.
With the right structure, captives can:
- Improve the overall risk management program with comprehensive coverages and direct cost controls.
- The long term design of the captive program will ensure a simplified renewal process, with no surprises from year to year.
- Directly tie the insurance premium calculations to the company's individual expected losses
- Further reduce the ultimate net cost of insurance by the ability to retain investment earnings.
- Strengthen the company's bottom line by reducing fixed costs.
- Focused loss control efforts will minimize risks through custom designs in safety programs and emphasis.